Saturday, February 23, 2019

Dave's 2nd 7.

As you know Dave Cordy has been searching for his old Mk.7 for some time now. The trail went cold in the 80s when a later owner died in a motorcycle accident on the Gold Coast.
Well, it's turned up. Phil Walmsley of NSW's 7 seemed to tick all the boxes for modifications that Dave had made. This car  featured in Bollyblog years ago when Phil declared it was ready for restoration. A Holden panel van got in the way of that but I think that's finished now.
Contact has been made and sure enough, it's the car. It doesn't look like it's for sale but Dave still wants to see it for "old time's sake". I think Phil lives in the Blue Mountains but I'm sure there's somewhere nearby to land a Cessna.

2 comments:

Rotormate said...

Hi there John L.,
I am sure I recognise the car in/and the top 2 photos, correct me if I am wrong, but that car was advertised on Gumtree about 2-3 years ago now wasn't it?, using those exact same photos?
Is it for sale again or did it not sell?
Thank you.
Regards.
Mark Walter.

John L said...

I'm afraid not Mark. It has been like the bottom photos for many, many years and has not been for sale in that time. Must have been another one.