Tuesday, December 16, 2008

That Chev V8 Mark 7

With the car on the market again (tell me if it's been sold) I just keep thinking about it. It's had a number of owners since it's been turned into a road car. Where ever it goes it turns heads. It attracts attention. Even in a group of other Bolwells, that car is the one that gets photographed, filmed, looked at and listened to. I love it and everything it stands for. I really love that get in and drive and never mind about the side windows feeling. I've had a few cars like that, not necessarily Bolwells, and it feels good. They feel good to drive, especially on their limits of adhesion. "Brute strength and ignorance" the gentlemen used to say to me. Who cares. Statements like these are out of fashion these days. I'd better make them now before they are banned completely. Tony Opie's Chev Mark 7 was like that too. What a pity it went the way it did. Anyway, below is how I remember the Victorian example. It's a lot different now. I used to go down to Docker's place with Russell Clifford to watch progress on it. And then it hit the track, and WOW! It looks like the Bond Nagari behind it. I bet lots of others remember this stuff too. Lets hear about it.

1 comment:

Colin said...

That is a seriously horny car, Have they shortened it too since Graham built it? obviously narowed the track. Bit like the Nagari convertible sold last year in Sydney