Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Mk.7 Beast

Pete G writes:-
Hi John. I thought you may like some further photos of the Beast. Andy Noble used it in modified Docker form in MSCA comp, sorry I haven't located photos of the earlier Marion Motors livery. Some time about 1986 Andy and a few Rodder mates built the new chassis, note the 4 sidedraft Webers. I have no idea what happened to the previous chassis.


P.S. The Andy Noble Beast is the only Mk7 I have ever driven. I haven't been able to get behind the wheel of any other, it was around Winton and the only time I have ever driven on slicks.

5 comments:

John L said...

Peter, Even a little slightly under 6 footer like me can relate to that. Jane, who is a fair bit shorter than me has had her seat tracks on her 240Z welded in to suit her and I can't get behind the steering wheel. I'm not sure if she is telling me something.

Anonymous said...

John,
I found my 240Z surprisingly comfortable in it's original form after I removed the plastic spacers from under the seat. To fit the race seat that I later used I had to remove all the factory metal boxing from under the seat and made new mounts on the floor.
Also, it may surprise, my wifes Golf Cab. accomodates my 2m frame with ease, not many cars are anywhere near as spacious.
Peter

John L said...

While talking about seat tracks, I would like some help with a dilemma. On the Ikara, to have the seat sufficiently forward for Jane to drive it properly and sufficiently back for me to drive it properly you would need seat tracks much longer than any I have seen. Does anybody know of a car that has seat tracks that have more travel than is usual?

Anonymous said...

Compare the two B/W photos of the Docker car, the only difference being the hole cut in the bonnet and the alloy splash panels on the rear guards, the brackets for the Torana spoiler are still on the front guards. The bonnet at first appears flat but is bulged, how did he fit a V8 under it???

John L said...

Look closely and you will see that the unvented bonnet does have a bulge that covers almost the entire bonnet area. My memory tells me that the motor was mounted very low and a fair way back in the chassis.