Sunday, September 7, 2008

Where is it now? - No.4

This white Mark 7 is a Queensland car, or at least it was when I last heard of it. It is beautifully shaped at the back with the Nagari buttresses blending into the Mark 7 tail very nicely. The styling is similar to Norm's Nagari with a short bootlid and angled rear window. Pete G told me to look further into the shed because he spotted an orange Bolwell in there but what about the black car in front of the white Mark 7? Is that a Nagari sports?

7 comments:

John L said...

Or is it the black Mark 7 sports we have talked about before?

John L said...

It's got sunvisors.

Anonymous said...

Peter, there were other Mk7 kits supplied with the one-piece Bolwell mags, Chris Wall had a kit with the Holden pattern wheels too. I remember talking to an older fellow who lived in Inglewood, Central Vic., he had a late 60’s Monaro with Holden pattern Nagari wheels, he had worked for the Co. which made the wheels, this was over 20 years ago and unfortunately I didn’t try to buy the wheels, knowledge in hindsight has little value.
PeterG

John L said...

Pete, I can remember some wheel and tyre distributors having Bolwell mags with Holden stud pattern for sale. Occasionally they have come up second-hand and , like you, I have been too slow to react.

Colin said...

Given how old the wheels are and how they would not even retain tyre pressure when they were relatively new why would you put these wheels on a 130 mph motorcar?
The factory wheels on B8/67 were replaced because they were porous.
Seems like a recipe for disaster.

John L said...

You can still get tubes.

John L said...

Jim S says "I think the black sports is my old/Ted Middleton car. I think I can just see the bubbles on the rear deck to accomodate the Lotus shocker towers".