Monday, September 8, 2008

Nose badge for Mark 5

Bolly 5 asked me what the shield badge for his Mark 5 should look like and whether they were still available. He can see where it was fitted on his bonnet but at some stage it must have been removed and the holes filled in. Well, here's what they look like. I should have cleaned it up a bit before I scanned it. At one stage I recall Col Watson taking orders for a batch of these badges and then I heard that the plan had fallen through. I then obtained what I thought was a very good price for them but was told that someone was already under way with some in Victoria. Bolly 5 would like one. This style of badge was on Mk.4s, Mk.5s and early Mk.7s.

1 comment:

John L said...

Just heard from Colin W and he did do the badges. The Victorian club bought the lot so we will have to get some from them. Those people in SA that had their name down before to get badges, perhaps could let me know if they want me to follow this up or do you want to track them down direct? Anyway, the mystery of the missing badges is solved.