Saturday, March 15, 2008

Update on previous posts and comments

Here is Sally's car. It was described as "pinkish". It most definately wasn't the red that other Bolwells came out in. But, not as pink as Leanne Eddleston's Pantera. Even those beautiful Campagnolo wheels were pink. The great doctor also bought her a pink helicopter.
This is the ex-Beverley Bonython orange sports. She had a thing about orange. Her cars had to be a particular shade of orange too. After that car came out that colour appeared on the Bolwell paint chart, although I know of no others. It is now a dark metallic green and lives in Whyalla, sharing its bedroom with an NSX. Yes, the reversing lights are on because I am doing a reverse slalom at the Hamilton Easter.




James, somebody else picked up on Bolwell's superstition in not producing a chassis no. 13 and put that number on a Fibrecar sports that they built.

The photograph of the hardtop wasn't exactly groundbreaking. That was the only one I had ever seen. Later, when I bought the orange car, I wanted to get a hardtop and found there was nothing like that around (or so I thought). I tried unsuccessfully to modify a Sprite one. The results of that I last saw going out the gate at a fire sale at Shakespeare Fibreglass. Now I'm getting emails saying I've got a hardtop just like that one. I guess I'm just not in the loop.


































No comments: