Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Howard's Nagari project.

 "My car is someone’s unfinished project that I purchased what is now a number of years ago. It is supposed to be the last rolling car built by Fibrecar. The previous owner proceeded to modify it, independent front and rear suspension based on Corvette components, major changes to the way the body is mounted.

 

I am doing the car as an ICV (Individually constructed vehicle) so it needs to fully engineered and comply with a number of ADR’s, no small task!

 

In the end the chassis was to far gone to be of any use so I designed a new one which was analysed prior to fabrication. It has been tested and passed the ADR requirements.

 

I am currently working on some changes to the front end to bring the wheels in so the front guards do not need to be flared. This involves fabricated upper and lower arms and different upright. The COVID-19 lockdown we have is slowing this down as I can not get parts to the guy doing the welding.

 

It has been both fun and a battle to get to where I am now, I have a run out of talent a few times, but the guys from the Club here in Victoria are always willing to help with advise, encouragement and contacts."


ICV eh? That's a brave undertaking these days. Howard, I admire your tenacity.

No comments: