Wednesday, April 29, 2020

No trouble getting girlfriends.

Glenferrie Road, Hawthorn, 1970.
This was Phillip Barton's car. My records show that he only had it for 5 months before it going off to its second owner in Brisbane, Phillip moving on to Ferraris etc. This car featured in many road tests and on the cover of Mike McCarthy's book "Australian Sports Cars and Specials". I reckon it was the brochure car too. Years later in FNQ it was painted red and when Paul and Kathy Rossiter had it it was dark blue with grey velour trim. Not sure where it is these days. It certainly was a very photographed car. Here it is on the cover of SCW. Well, it must be, it has the same rego number.
PS Big Pete tells me that it's B8/1 so there goes my theory. Phillip may well have had it for quite some time as I know very little of B8/1's early history before it was traded in on a Cortina at a Parramatta Road car yard.

No comments: