Friday, April 23, 2010

Still in the land of the living.

Thank you everybody for all of those emails checking if I am still alive. Thank you for your concern. That's what happens when you slow down on the blog. I'd better get my finger out. There's been some on-going family issues (thank goodness it's only a small family) but in addition to that I've been down in Adelaide at a workshop and instead of doing heaps of driving, stayed overnight at the (formerly Levi) caravan park at Hackney, walking distance (even for me) from the Hackney pub. And when you wake up in the morning and look out one window there's this nice park.....
.....and out the other side there's the Torrens. It's a nice part of the world, right in the city. And everybody's friendly, the Queensland dragon boat racers staying in the park, the people riding their bikes and walking to work along the river, everyone at the pub etc. etc.
And just across the road is the corner deli. That's a dying breed. It reminds me of the little bottle shop on another corner near to there that used to be run by the Deckert family many years ago if I remember rightly. Another great bottle shop was just near the Mt. Lofty Railway Station. You could catch the train into the hills and go home with all sorts of wonderful wines you'd never see in other places. I wonder if either of them are still there.

No comments: