Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Dinky revisited

Back on May 12th I did a little post on Dinky as I remember it in the seventies and eighties. The other day an email arrived from Peter Chandler who lives in Melbourne. It seems his father built the car in the sixties over a period of about 5 years and he's sent some photographs of it. It is definately the same car (same rego. no. and everything). He apologised for the quality of the photos as they are photos of photos. The pictures were taken after the Chandlers had sold the car and when it was owned by John White (early 70s).

John had raced the car at some time. Speaking of John, I'd like to say that I am going to do a post on the SR6 very soon, now that it has changed hands again. Anyway, back to Dinky. I had no knowledge of any ownership prior to Peter Jones so it just goes to show you can learn something every day. Peter Chandler and his dad are keen to learn of its subsequent history and after speaking to Judith today I can report that the car still exists although she hasn't seen it for a while now because when she moved to a smaller house Dinky ended up being stored with a family member.

No comments: