Monday, August 24, 2009

JWF Special

"Reid", in a comment in my post last night about the WA GT2s, asked the question about the identity of a car that he has that has been stored for over 40 years. It has very little known history. I've had a look and if it's not an Italia then I'm very much mistaken. I'll ask him in a minute if I can post some pictures. Anyway, I mentioned another JWF Italia that was a bit modified. Steve Rowley had it for a while and before he bought it, someone had cut the roof off. You may have seen some pictures of it when it was advertised in Slipstream a while back along with a Milano roadster. Be that as it may, Colin saw the comment and remembers the car as one that he had in the seventies and had a lot of fun with. Here are the photos he sent me.
Colin must have had almost as many Aussie specials as Clive Hill! I remember the car being identical to that in the mid sixties. It lived in a block of flats just off the top bit of the Anzac Highway and just around the corner from a girl I was going out with at the time so I used to see it quite regularly. I even took a black and white photo of it with the instamatic. I must dig it out. Anyway, back then it had TR3 running gear with a Skoda diff. It's still got the Skoda rear end but has a four cylinder Datsun engine and gearbox that's been in it for some time. Matt, the present owner would love to see these photos, I'll bet. I must tell him about them just in case he's not reading the blog.

2 comments:

vic jwf said...

g'day john yes you can post all jwf pic's thank you very much for all your help reid

Anonymous said...

I think this is a rare Ausie built TONTALA