Sunday, August 23, 2009

Automotive artwork.

Bruno, in one of his blogposts, has been talking about the features of car design that are really sculptures, absolute works of art and great to look at. To reinforce his statement he used this bit of an A110 Alpine below.
I get moved by shapes too and took this photo of a TVR at last year's Climb to the Eagle. I love it.TVRs are great for finding these shapes. Perhaps that's the real reason that Bruno has a few of them.
When I was a kid I used to look with wonder (I still do) at the front beam axles on Mr. Bugatti's cars. They were actually forged and were absolute works of art. My grandfather was a blacksmith and he taught me to make my own horseshoes which I used to take great pride in. Blacksmiths were artists too, I reckon. That may be the reason I have trouble throwing stuff out. I used to make horseshoes out of secondhand fence bolts and all sorts of things out of the scrapheap.
Anyway, enough of that. I bet I'm not the only one with photos of nice shapes. Send me yours and I'll put them on the blog.

1 comment:

Jim said...

Yes that really is a great shot of the TVR bonnet, John. Pretty schmick fibreglass, too!