Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Bash

Yesterday was the finish of the Variety Club Bash in Alice Springs. It started 10 days before that in Bendigo I think. Doug Lehmann goes in it every year. He's got a nice blue 1929 Buick, see below. He seems to be a man after my own heart. I have a real weakness for Buick 6s. My last one was a 1926 Std. 6 tourer and I wish I still had it. It was about the same blue as that. This photo is from the "Northern Argus", the Clare newspaper. Clare is significant because that's where Goodey lives and he has a restoration business. He likes Buicks too. He's been "rally prepping" the Buick for the Bash. That's him standing there seeing the intrepid travellers on their way.
I've heard no results. I don't even know if the Buick made it or not. I presume it did. They're pretty rugged machines. Who knows?

No comments: