Tuesday, May 3, 2011

McArlus Cars - 20

I won’t spend a lot of time on this update as the pictures didn’t come out that well, sorry!
I have “thrown a bit of trim” at the interior.
The fibreglass panels are covered in what I have always called “frontrunner” a slightly prickly very man made type of fabric, that wasn’t my first choice, but I couldn’t get the vinyl to stretch around the corners, or wrap around the edges as well.
I have also covered the seat are in foam and vinyl. It is fairly comfy with some additional support under my thighs and on the outside of each knee, that were never in the yellow car.
Should be a good starting point, though I may have to get some expanding foam to properly pack the saet back.
That can wait for some later fine tuning.
It certainly improves the look of things a lot, and I should have done it sooner as the seat panels no longer scratch everything as they are taken in and out.
Regards
Simon

No comments: