A chance to talk mostly about Bolwell Sports Cars.
Saturday, January 29, 2011
Grant at obp's Tech Talk - Drag Racing.
This is a little bit of info that will make you smile.
Drag Racing Facts that will blow your mind!!
Did you know that......
1. The nitromethane powered engine of a Top Fuel Dragster produces more than 8000 horsepower. That's about 43 times that of the average street car.
2. Just one of the eight cylinders in a Top Fuel Dragster produces 800 horsepower. Equal to the entire output of a Formula 1 engine!
3. A Top Fuel Dragster accelerates from 0-100 mph in less than 0.8 seconds. Almost 11 times quicker than a production Porsche 911 Turbo takes to reach the same speed!
4. A Top Fuel Dragster leaves the starting line with the force 6 times that of gravity! That's the same force that the Space Shuttle leaves the launch pad at Cape Canaveral in Florida, USA.
5. A Top Fuel Dragster is slowed by a reverse force 7 times that of gravity when both parachutes deploy simultaneously at the end of a run (race).
6. 12-15 gallons of fuel are used in a single, complete run.
A complete run is made up of the following:
The Burnout - This is where the tyres are warmed up to race temperature.
Back-up-to-Start - The car is positioned on the start line ready to race.
The Race - 1000 feet at over 270 mph!
7. A Top Fuel Dragster can travel the length of 4 football fields in less than 5 seconds!
8. A Top Fuel Dragster accelerates faster than a Jumbo Jet, a Fighter Jet and a Formula 1 car!
9. A Top Fuel Dragster can exceed 270 mph in less than 660 feet!
10. The 17inch tyres on a Top Fuel Dragster wear out after 4-6 races or less than 2 miles! Some conventional road tyres are guaranteed to last for 80,000 miles.
Have a look at the Santa Pod web site to see when these cars are racing:
obp Sponsor a Drag Racing Tream
Post a Comment
Post Comments (Atom)