Saturday, January 29, 2011

Geoff's Hunter sold.

Geoff Bott's J & S Hunter, the most famous one of all, has been sold and Geoff has announced this to Graham and Stacey.

Hi Graham
As a former member, still receiving the newsletter, I thought that you may interested to know that I have just sold my 1962 J&S Hunter, chassis no. PRH/005 recently to Luke Manton.  He is the son of Paul Manton who owns the Valano, so it has gone to good hands.
 
Only three were ever raced and this was the most famous, being built by Ian Hindmarsh of Kiama.  It was widely reported on at the time.  I have a large archive on all survivors still.  The only other car in good shape is owned by Stacey Nicolaou of WA, a Bolwell club member.
 
Attached is a few photos as I left it.  I can let you have larger format if you want.
 It really is a beautiful car.
For a while now I've had a fair bit of material from this car on my desktop from my own memories of it. I'll drag it into the blog this afternoon.

No comments: