Monday, March 23, 2009

Earlier Milano GTs

Well, I said I'd post a picture of the earlier GT but you probably didn't expect me to go to Switzerland for it. This car belongs to Bruno von Rotz who describes himself as a "petrolhead from Switzerland". Only a few weeks ago I noticed that Jane Sanders had posted a series of photos on the last Goodwood Revival meeting on Flickr that included this very car. Bruno contacted me after reading the GT2 post yesterday. He, of course, is very keen to gather up as much information as he can about his car's history and about the JWF marque in general. I'm sure we can help him out can't we? I see it has NSW on the side and also a 179 badge. It is the 3rd Milano GT built and apparently raced in Prodsports in the early 70s powered by a Buick V8. Among others, I am hoping when Peter Smeets and Steve Rowley read this their Milano recollections will go to work.
In addition to the Milano, Bruno has 3 TVRs, a Grantura, a Tuscan V8 and a 3000S as well as a Devin-Triumph. Devin was a builder of fibreglass bodies in the US and Bruno's example is mounted on a Triumph TR3. It bears a remarkable resemblance to the Milano roadster which, I've heard, is no coincidence. Devin also built complete cars. I really like TVRs. Don't be surprised to see the odd TVR and Devin thread in future.


4 comments:

John L said...

Someone has gone to a lot of trouble to post the above comment, even getting past the word verification. I hope we don't get too much more of this as it might discourage real comments on "Earlier Milano GTs". Anyway, what I wanted to say was that this Milano is not the only JWF in Europe. On the HSCC Historic Road Sports Championship points list for 2008 is the JWF Italia of Daniel Wood as well.

Unknown said...

If at first you don't succeed try, try and try again. I am in line with you on this topic, and i am totally agree with you. However, different views should also be allowed, right? We can make progress when hearing from others' thoughts. runescape gold

runescape gold for sale

rs gold

Love polo said...

All's for the best in the best of all possible worlds! I have not see post good enough like yours here.Just admire your intelligence and informative explanation. I am a wow gamer but can't write such detailed info about that.
More tags: wow gold for cheap /
world of warcraft money /
gold for wow cheap /
cheap gold for wow

Unknown said...

This car came across from Wa in the 80's, straight off the trailer ran a sub 13's at Castlereigh drag strip was painted white and red, EJ tail lights MG magenta gear box EH diff and holden red motor, it was 100% street registerable had a windscreen, Barry Ekins painted it back to original black after he purchased it from my father, I did love the car but Sam spent a long time talking me out of having anything to do with it. had the pleasure of dinner with sam only 4 weeks ago.