Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Family Tree

Here's an email from Tony B in Canberra :-

Hi

Bolly Blog is bringing out a wealth of information on racing drivers etc but not so much on individual cars.

How about setting up a family tree by Chassis number with the orig purchaser and tracing the vehicle's history to today. This may discover some great cars and perhaps a few that have been cremated or inturned.

I notice the front cover of Just Cars lists a monster V8 Mk7 racing car for sale - a start for that car at least.

The blog should be sufficient to get it rolling and may give the blog a bit of a lift - I noticed it slowed down a little after the change.

Cheers

Tony

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm not sure what the change was, but regarding the family tree, I do know that there are lots of people around the place that read the blog and are hungry for information and would be in agreement with your plan. It's not something I could do alone, mainly because of my limited information, but there are many Bolwell experts out there that could help. What do others think? Some discussion would be lovely. For those who have not made comments on this blog before, it's simple, just click on the word "comments" below and you're in. I am happy to co-ordinate it through this blog. It would be a big task though. Rome wasn't built in a day I'm told.

Regarding the "monster V8 Mk7 racing car", I agree, it has quite a history, right from its inception when it was built by Graeme Docker as a dedicated Group A sports racer all those years ago.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi I used access the blog through the Boli web site but the link disappeared some time ago and after suffering withdrawals - I was given the direct access by the club.
Cheers

Colin said...

Jeeez John talk about making a rod for your own back. I am positive these guys don't appreciate the time and effort it takes to run a blog of this type.

Anonymous said...

The history of the cars is part of what's already happening. There is a pooling of info and it's in the public realm.
Jim

Anonymous said...

The history of B8/57 is under links on car club site.I would be pleased to get more info on this car

Gary A said...

All Bollys are unique. I was thinking of the unusual,eg MK1,2,3,MK4 Gullwings, MK5`s,SR6, MK7 convertables @ V8`s, Nagari`s Chrysler Hemi powered, two 6 cyl cars and LHD B8/57. Any more.