Friday, February 20, 2009

A second drag Mark 7

Peter G has written -
This is a strange one. Any knowledge of this chopped Mk 7 Drag car? From Aust. HOT ROD 1976. I have a vague recollection of a Nagari speedway car, was it in Tassie? I think there may have been a Sale notice in Auto Action but I haven't found it yet.
Peter. This drag car appears to be a different one to the Queensland one we have seen pictures of way back then, Does anybody know anything about this one?
There wasn't one speedway Nagari in Tassie, there was a team of two. Tomorrow I'll post some photos.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks John,
I'll look forward to responses on this car, does it still exist? the chopped windscreen was quite unusual.
A team of Nagari Speedway cars that sounds interesting.
Peter

Colin said...

I vaguely remember this as a rebirth of the Davidson dragster MK7 "Voodoo" from a few years earlier

The weird bonet scoop is the same as the one from Voodoo

Colin said...

Don't forget that 3 MK 7's races at the 1973 Drag Nationals in Adelaide.