Friday, February 27, 2009

Racecraft

I heard from George May this week. He was verifying that the red Nagari sports at Racecraft was his as I expected. I recall George having a really nice Nagari sports in NSW in the 80s and 90s. I suppose it's the same one.
There is absolutely no doubt about the quality of work that comes out of Racecraft and this series of photos reinforces that. It's an EFI conversion on a Lotus Elan which is another little car that is dear to my heart. Not because of its connection to Bolwell with its similar backbone chassis and Graeme Bolwell's employment at their factory, but for the cars themselves which when you drive one you wear it like a shoe and it just goes where you point it. The amount of enjoyment from driving one is immeasureable.

4 comments:

John L said...

From Matt J has come :-
Hi John,
I was reading your blog regarding the Lotus injection George has just completed. I was in his shop the same day as the blog and have to say that George did a fantastic job on the Lotus, so many ideas, and attention to detail that you cannot see from the pictures, just beautiful work!
Keep up the good work mate! Matt.

Colin said...

Does Racecraft have a website?

Anonymous said...

No, Racecraft does not have a website, George is great to talk to, don't hesitate to call him to discuss your needs..... Matt J

Vyvyan Black said...

Hi there,

I was just googling Racecraft as the Lotus in question is in my ownership now. I ended up seeing this blog - nice to view the pics of the engine being worked on!

Does anyone have Racecraft's phone number? I want to see if I can do an update.