Tuesday, July 31, 2012

John Edwards Davies 1944 - 2012.

I feel awful about John's passing. So how must Diane and their kids and grandkids feel? Not to mention his friends in the MGCCQ and the Queensland Fire Brigade. Another victim of the Big C. He knew it was coming and only 2 or 3 weeks ago he was arranging for a friend to take moulds of the bonnet vents on his B8/26 so that I could use them on mine. John was Mr. Mt. Cotton Hillclimb, competitor, official, organiser and working bee stalwart. Miss you already John.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very shocked to hear this, John was a great bloke, who always had time for a chat.

Mt Cotton won't be the same.

Jeff R

Bowellnegarileiladavies said...

Thank you dearly. I am Johns grand-daughter and no, it will never be the same ever again. I remember Grandad used to take me and my cousins up to the hillclimb and he would drive us around the track. We had sooooo much fun and I miss him and are crying just writing this but thanks.

Anonymous said...

R.I.P John Davies he was a Great man