Saturday, May 3, 2008

Mark 7 rear ends

I don't consider myself a connoisseur of rear ends (or someone that can spell that word I just typed) but here's a selection of Mk. 7 convertibles' tail sections while the Mk.7 convertible is on the agenda.The first one is the subject of our recent articles and looks very smart with its Fairlane tail lights and relatively flat rear deck.
This one is Dino's and retains the original Mk.7/Toyoya tail lights and blacked out rear section which emphasizes the rear lip.
The third one is Mark's and I like this particular photo of it because you can see the late model Nagari boot seal and guard flares and different tail lights yet again.
This one is Tony's (or was ). It was once a black coupe and almost overnight just appeared as a Fosters blue convertible. The photo was taken through the windscreen of the Pantera on the way home from Renmark way back then. The car was particularly memorable that Easter for its giant burnouts. Unfortunately it is no more as it was completely destroyed in a bushfire at Kangarilla last year.
This last one is Roger's and notice that Roger has chosen to retain the coupe's original shape at the rear and looks great.
Five different Mk.7 convertibles and five different approaches.

1 comment:

James said...

That's a very interesting comparison, John. If and when I do another Mk7 Convertible, I would do the rear like Dino's (which I intended for mine) or like Tony's. Those simple round lights remind me of the Mk4 and Mk5. They suit very well. Though, of course, the Toyota Crown lights are such a Mk7 icon.

If anyone has any questions rearding theprevios entries, I'd be happy to answer them if I can.

Jim