Saturday, April 19, 2008

B8/81 again

Since writing the previous post about B8/81, I have been sent a picture of it in its red livery. Ron Sisley is driving and Ross Carrington is the passenger and they are on their way to the Renmark Easter event in 1987. Noticeable is the higher bonnet bulge and the glassed in nose.
Does anybody have other pictures from Renmark? The main reason I am asking is that I took the red Pantera that year and the only photo I have seen is one of Leah giving it heaps on that clay pan and as memorable as that picture is, I just wonder if there are others.
The Easter before was at Coleraine and we were set to take the Pantera then as well. About a week before, the nose was run over by the back wheels of an STA bus. The driver was looking at the car and wasn't thinking about where the back half of his bus was going as he turned in front of it. STA gave us a rented Camira to go away in which was a bit of an anticlimax.


No comments: