Thursday, April 8, 2010

Last of the old Nagaris

The other day I received these 2 photos from Peter G of B8/115, the latest numbered Nagari FACTORY photos he has. "The car has been owned for 30+ years & has occasionally been used in 1/8 mile drags, that should explain the tyres. The owner has recently retired and is anticipating restoring in the near future."
Peter asked if I had any photos of later cars so naturally I responded with this one which is B8/117. I took the photo because the later, more effective boot seal was new to me at the time. It was, like quite a few others, billed as the very last body to leave the factory. It was built up by Victorian, Kevin Davies and he brought it along to an Easter in the mid 70s. In 1979 he repainted it black and in 1984 it was sold to Greg and Derinda in Queensland where it has been stored in a shed and never driven (at least up until 2008 when I last heard from them). They have a collection of Ford powered vehicles which they DO drive, actually driving their Model A from their home near Airlie Beach to Adelaide and back for a national rally down this way.Does anybody else have any photos of or recollections of later model Nagaris than these? I do know that B8/119 was the yellow roadster that Dave Calver had. I don't know if he still has it as I lost contact with him when he moved from Sydney to the Gold Goast. I am aware that B8/120 and B8/121 went to Sydney and that B8/125 was the body/chassis that went to New Zealand.

No comments: