Saturday, December 26, 2009

Bubbly

Our friends, Lenore and Greg Barrett at JB Wines, over at Bethany, released their "Sparkling" at just the right time before Christmas and we went over for an enjoyable tasting before going down to Norm's for an end of year BBQ. The result was the loading of a dozen into the ute which might help to get through the Christmas break. It's a combination of Chardonnay and Pinot Meunier and we love it. Most people know I'm a bit of a bubbly fan and just as many know that I have had to endure some funny accusations but that's OK, if it makes me a "poof" then so be it. This new release is called BUNCH and I'd recommend giving it a try. If you can't find it, let me know.
Right on top of this, Wayne was over to supervise the bottling of some of his wines at Vinpak. An excellent opportunity to share a few pales and return his Nagari nose I'd borrowed some time ago to make a mould. Anyway, Katnook make a "sparkling" too. They have for some time. So it's been a bit of a bubbly week and that's not hard to take.
Sitting in the gallery waiting for somebody to part with their money is a good time to get the emails of the day out of the way and reflect on the artwork around you. This particular one is one of Roger Kalleske's. Like a lot of paintings, you either love them or you hate them and I've said that on this occasion because I've heard comments in both directions, but note the red dot, this one sold before the opening.

No comments: