Thursday, October 27, 2016

Bricklin SV-1

The "SV" stands for "safety vehicle". That's why they have the big bumpers I guess. And the massive side beams for impact protection as well as the strong fibreglass body. The gull-wing doors are air powered. 2854 of them were built in their short production period of 2 years ending in 1975. They were built in New Brunswick in Canada. (Old Brunswick is a suburb of Melbourne). I quite like them although they say they don't go too hard. The 351 Windsor that they came standard with should help them along a bit.
Overheating issues were well known and were usually solved by fitting larger aluminium radiators like the one in the picture. (All very Nagari-ish).
I always thought you could have any colour you liked as long as it was white and then I saw this.
However, I did see a yellow Delorian in Melbourne once.
I wonder how many came to Australia. I know this bloke had one back in the day.
Here is the very car.

No comments: