Friday, December 28, 2012

An update on B8/88 from Ross.


Hi John
As you know the photos in the Wheels article are B8/88 that now lives in my shed. I have made a few changes to the car. New adjustable GAZ front shocks and coil overs, new 750 cfm Holley double pumper on the 351 Cleveland and painted the Simmons wheel centres charcoal (too much bling for me with the gold) and fitted new 225X14 BF Goodrich tyres. I also have the 5 original wheels and Nagari seats (Recaro's fitted at present). The spare wheel in the car has the original Avon radial still fitted in good condition. The previous owner, Dave Lillis, had done considerable work on the car in the 18 months before he offered it for auction with Shannon's. Sadly he was killed in an accident last September in Queensland. I spoke to him at length about his ownership of B8/88 and have an extensive file with receipts and photos of his work. I am very pleased with car and how it drives and performs. Some pics attached.
Regards
Ross

4 comments:

Pete said...

The wheels look very nice with the charcoal centres and you must be pleased to have the originals as well. Ross what size are your current tyres? Do 225/65-14 clear the guards without interference?

regards Pete

Ross A said...

Pete
The Simmons wheels were made for the car in 1974, I think. The rear wheel offsets are about 2 cm greater than the front wheels. That is, when measured from the inside of the wheel, if that makes sense. I went for 60 profile tyres and they don't touch the guards. The combination of wheels, offsets and tyres look just right on the Nagari. Cheers Ross

Pete said...

Thanks Ross,I think I will just have to try the larger size on the car and see what clearance I end up with.

Regards Pete.

Unknown said...

Watch Wales Rally GB also called Rally of Legends begins from 12-15 November 2015 in Wales United Kingdom. This would be the final round of the FIA World Rally Championship and bring lot of entertainment for you so never miss this entertainment. Watch WRC Wales Rally GB Live stream